Our programming is proven to significantly impact our participants, their families, and their community as indicated below:
• 84% of Active Children Portland participants improved or maintained their body mass index percentile.
• 81% of participants improved or maintained their aerobic capacity.
• 74% of participants improved their nutritional knowledge.
• 100% of children enrolled in our programs quality for free or reduced lunch.
• After-school programs play an important role in encouraging physical activity and good dietary habits. Participation in afterschool programs has been associated with positive health outcomes, including reduced obesity. (Mahoney, J et al.)