America SCORES partners with urban schools to provide a high quality, team-based program that integrates soccer, poetry and service-learning, with an approach that improves students’ health, academic achievement and civic engagement.
MISSION: To inspire urban youth to lead healthy lives, be engaged students, and have the confidence and character to make a difference in the world. And a VISION: of a world where all youth find their voice, achieve their goals, and unleash their full potential.
It is the is the only urban youth development program with curriculum specifically aligned with the twelve Standards for English Language Arts, the six National Standards for Physical Education, and the eight K-12 Service Learning Standards. America SCORES serves public school students in 15 other US cities and has been an effective national program for more than a decade.
A recent national evaluation of America SCORES found improvements in these areas:
- Statistically significant gains in WRITING achievement as demonstrated through pre- and post-program writing tests
- Increased reporting of READING enjoyment and longer time spent reading independently
- Increased levels of PHYSICAL FITNESS as demonstrated through pre- and post-program running tests
- Increased reporting of feelings of SELF-CONFIDENCE, self-efficacy and ENJOYMENT OF LEARNING
- Increased frequency of daytime classroom ATTENDANCE during the America SCORES seasons
For more information visit www.AmericaSCORES.org