Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the 50/50 raffle. Please review the sales knowledge before taking the quiz at the bottom of the page. This will prep you for selling tickets so you can be ready on game day.
Active Children Portland’s mission is to empower students to lead healthy lives, succeed academically,and inspire positive community engagement. The organization began in 2011 with the vision to transform communities and serve hundreds of local students through youth sports. Active Children Portland program participants receive programming 30 weeks a year, 4 days per week, which keeps them active, healthy, and engaged in a positive and stable after-school environment. Our programs focus on helping all participants to develop the confidence and life skills they need to succeed. We believe that by taking a holistic and comprehensive approach to youth-development, and by focusing on kids who need it the most, we CAN make a positive difference for the next generation.
The 50/50 raffle simply involves the sale of raffle tickets with the proceeds being split evenly between the winner and Active Children Portland. The pot is displayed up on the reader board, so make sure to point it out to fans. It is one of the simplest and easiest fundraisers you can do.
Your role is to excite, encourage, and sell raffle tickets to fans as well as enlighten them of Active Children Portland’s mission and the programs (Soccer and Basketball) we offer. It’s not just about the money raised, but fans knowledge of Active Children Portland is equally important. You will be partnered with another volunteer to cover two sections. One partner should stay in the tunnel and sell while the other works the section.
What should I do?
• Explain briefly what AC Portland is and how buying a raffle ticket helps children.
• Let them know how much they can win and point out the number on the board.
• Crouch down as you are selling.
• Only one person goes into the section per pair. The other can sell in the tunnel or concourse.
• Alert potential buyers that we have free of charge ATM’s
• Keep your cash organized! You are responsible for every dollar
What should I not do?
• Signs are not allowed
• Do not block the view of the game, especially during big plays. Be courteous of the fans’ game-viewing experience.
• Do not sell to people under the age of 18.
• Please do not wave cash in the air; it is a liability risk
• Do not consume alcohol while selling.
• Do not sell outside your section. It would be irritating for fans to be sold to more than once, and if a section is abandoned when only partially covered, we may miss fans that would have bought tickets.
The first step is to meet up to receive your equipment and section assignment. Kenny Adams is often the coordinator and he will get everyone organized.
The Timbers army has early access to the game, so they will be the first fans sold to. Volunteers can only sell in the Timbers Army until the game starts. When the game starts no volunteers should enter the Timbers Army.
You will be given a map of the stadium, but you can preview/print them below.
Depending on your section, you will sync at different times (see below). To sync, find your section’s kiosk on your map and report at your designated time(s).
After devices are synced, sellers are to return to their sections. All sellers have two sections so be sure to cover both sections (except Timbers Army) between the beginning of half time until the end of halftime (the 55 minute mark). If you cover both of your sections before the end of half time (the 55 minute mark), feel free to visit concession stands closets to you if you are in Zone 1-4.
Find your kiosk location on your map.
Please return all devices by the 55 minute mark (end of halftime) to be final synced.This is the most important part of the raffle. If we don’t sync devices in time, those who paid for their tickets will not have their numbers in the system to be drawn, so please make sure you are back at this point.
Fans will ask when is the drawing? It is important to know that we draw the number at the 70 minute mark. Once the number is drawn, a lucky fan will win half of the money raised. They can learn how to collect their earnings at the raffle office at the gate 4 entrance.
7931 NE Halsey Suite 201
Portland, Oregon 97213
Phone: (503) 208-3415